Roasted vegetables and chickpeas get a lift with a light and creamy yogurt dressing – it’s the perfect weeknight dinner after enjoying holiday treats this weekend! And the whole dinner comes together in 2 bowls and one sheet pan for the easiest clean up. And you can sub the vegetables for others you may have on hand for those neglected veggies in the back of your holiday fridge!
Serves 2 | Vegetarian, gluten free, Vegan option | less than 60 minutes
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts, ends chopped off and sliced in half
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 small), cut into 1/4 in cubes
- 1/2 peeled butternut squash, cut into 1/4 in cubes
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp agave
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt (sub plant based yogurt if vegan)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp agave
- 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Optional toppings: dried cranberries, sunflower seed, raw pepitas
Preheat your oven to 420 degrees F. Place chopped Brussel sprouts, sweet potato, butternut squash and chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, agave, red pepper flakes, a few cracks of black pepper and generous sprinkle of sea salt. Spread evenly across two baking sheets and bake for 40-50 minutes, turning once about halfway through.
I’m a small bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice, agave, parsley, a few cracks of black pepper and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Spread 1 cup baby spinach on each plate and top with about 1 heaping cup warm roasted vegetable and chickpeas. Drizzle yogurt dressing on top and a sprinkle of dried nuts and seeds if desired (we like cranberries, sunflower seeds and pepitas). Serve immediately.