This easy bake tastes like Thanksgiving stuffing, but is so much healthier! 10 minutes of prep and a 35 minute bake is all you need. Perfect as a side or as a meal prep for lunches.
Serves 4 as a side | Vegetarian, gluten free | less than 45 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin circles and divided into thirds
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced in half then sliced thin and divided into thirds
- 3 cups spinach, divided in thirds
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, divided in half
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided in half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbs de Provence, divided into thirds
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line the bottom with 1/3 of the sweet potatoes, making sure to overlap to cover the whole bottom. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil, sprinkle of sea salt, a few cracks of black pepper, sprinkle of red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp herbs de Provence and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Top with 1/3 of the sliced onions and 1 cup of spinach. Repeat everything again to create a second layer.
Place the final 1/3 of the sliced sweet potatoes on top of the second layer. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and the remaining 1/2 tsp of herbs de Provence. Spread the final cup of spinach on top and finish with the mozzarella. Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife can easily slice through the potatoes without resistance. Remove the cover for the last five minutes of baking to make the cheese golden brown. Best served after resting for 10 minutes.