This may be the perfect pizza. Extra cheesy and packed with flavor, you’d never know this was done in less than 20 minutes. Mushrooms, lots of green onions and spinach give this a delicious earthy bite that gets a kick with some chili and some saltiness from the feta. I also love to grill thin crust pizzas like this one to get that smoky, charred flavor extra crunch. You need to try this one!
Serves 4 | Vegetarian, gluten-free adaptable | less than 20 minutes
- Pre-made pizza dough of choice (we use Whole Foods; can sub gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms chopped (can sub baby bella if oyster hard to find)
- 2 whole scallions, both greens and whites sliced thin on an angle
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (I sub garlic scapes when in season)
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium- high heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic and most of the scallions and chives, reserving about 1tbsp of each for serving. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the salt, a few cracks of black pepper, the red pepper flakes a d the baby spinach. Turn off the heat when the spinach is fully just wilted and set aside.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F or a grill to high heat. Spread the pizza dough out on a pizza pan, working hard to get it thin (about 1/8 in). Spread the remaining olive oil onto the dough using the back of a spoon. Spread the four cheese evenly leaving room for a crust. Top with with mushroom and spinach blend. Cook the pizza for about 12-14 minutes in the oven or 10 minutes on the grill (make sure to check frequently on the grill to prevent burning). Top with reserves scallions and chives and slice into 8 pieces. Serve warm.