The Monday after vacation can be extra busy which is why having easy, healthy weeknight meals on hand like this burrito is extra helpful! This recipe is so easy and done in under 15 minutes. It’s vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free adaptable. And easily able to be deconstructed for kids!
Serves 4 | Vegan, vegetarian, kid-friendly, gluten free adaptable | Less than 15 minutes
- 4 Large burrito wraps (flour, whole wheat or gluten free)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups of cooked corn (we like fresh because it’s in season, but frozen works too!)
- 1 15.5oz can black beans, strained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 8 tbsp chipotle salsa
- 1 lime sliced into 4 wedges
Warm the black beans, salt and a few cracks of black pepper in a saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Place a burrito wrap on a plate and top with 1 cup of spinach, 1/2 cup corn, 1/4 of the black beans, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1/2 tbsp cilantro, 2 tbsp salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Roll and enjoy!